SCHOOL UNIFORM/DRESS CODE
- Shirts any solid color, must have a collar, no logos, no t-shirts
- Bottoms: Navy or Khaki
- Uniform style walking shorts, pants, jumpers, skirts or skorts for girls. Uniform style walking shorts or pants for boys.
- Shoes-Any color (No sandals or open shoes). Must wear enclosed shoes and socks daily.
- Belts should be worn with all outfits that have belt loops. Elastic waist clothing is acceptable.
- Coats or jackets will be removed and put in the appropriate place in the classroom during the day.
- No Visible logos on any articles of clothing are allowed
Student Dress (2020-2021) PCSSD Parent/Student Handbook):
A student will not practice a mode of dress that disrupts the educational process, calls attention to the individual, violates federal, state or local law, or affects the welfare and safety of students and teachers. Furthermore, students are prohibited from obscene, lewd or vulgar comments or designs and wearing clothing directed toward or intended to threaten, intimidate or demean an individual or group of individuals as well as items advertising alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs.
Students in the District, grades Kindergarten (K) through five (5), will wear school uniforms; navy and khaki bottoms and solid polo style shirts without emblems.
Exemptions: Parents may apply to building principal for full or partial exemptions or waivers for students due to handicapping condition or religious observation. New students to district schools will be given two weeks to comply with the Uniform Dress Code. Denied exemption requests may be appealed to the Assistant Superintendent for Equity and Pupil Services.
All secondary students are required to wear District issued ID badges that are visible during school and on the bus. The Local School Dress Code will be enforced.